Audition Outline and Rules for 2017 BGC Idol, Season 9
The vocal auditions and competition is open to all youth ages 6-18
Solo performances only
Auditions are broken into three age categories
- Ages 6-9
- Ages 10-13
- Ages 14-18
1st Round Auditions
- Please be prepared to sing 60 seconds of a song “a capella ” in any genre
- The song will be sung “a capella ” in front of judges
- You cannot accompany yourself with instrument i.e. guitar or piano
- The song must contain appropriate content and without foul language
- Please wear school appropriate attire
- There is no cost to audition or participate in the BGC idol
- You must check in for your audition within the times indicated below
May 16th Monteleone Meadows 46356 Briggs Road, Murrieta All ages 6 – 8pm
May 21st Promenade Mall 40820 Winchester Road, Temecula All ages 2 – 4pm
June 14th Storm Stadium 500 Diamond Drive, Lake Elsinore All ages 6 – 8pm
June 23rd Promenade Mall 40820 Winchester Road, Temecula All ages 6 – 8pm
You will be placed in the age category based on your age the day of your audition and you will stay in the age category all through the process until the Finals.
- Birth Certificates may be asked in some cases for proof of age.
Semi-finals: Sunday July 9th at the Temecula CRC
We will announce the Semi-finalists once we have completed all first round auditions. The format for semi-finals will be with background music tracks (without lyrics).
Finals: Date and time to be announced soon!
All finalists will be required to perform with a live band. A list of songs will be provided by the BGC Idol committee for you to select from for the finals performance.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. You must download, print, and complete the Season 9 registration form AND bring it with you to your audition.
2. Use the form below to register for an audition date.